Sunday, March 1, 2009

{On Home Decor} Showroom: Marimekko

One of the great things about being involved with people from all different backgrounds is that you learn so much about the world!

After I relocated a couple of years ago I was looking for local things to do and decided to reconnect with the organization that got me here: AFS. I have met wonderful people through my local AFS Chapter and I am the liaison for one of the Foreign Exchange Students from Finland. I have learned so much about Finland so far! Including different aspects of their culture, economy and industries. Finnish have a different flair when it comes to home decoration, fashion and architecture. One of their signature lines for home decor is Marimekko. Their designs are bold and clean and look so fresh! I personally really liked these happy and colorful kitchen items:
MARIMEKKO
Although they are better known for their unikko pattern (shown above), they offer different patterns and colors, like their Lumimarja line, or their Onni style. All very clean, all very unique and absolutely adorable.

So enjoy a little taste of Finland!

No comments:

Post a Comment